Thursday, August 8, 2013

Enjoying the little things

Mason has taught me so much and it's crazy because he is only 4 months old and doesn't say one word! It's amazing how I can love someone so much and the only thing Mason can give me is a smile and it melts my heart and makes me fall in love with him even more! How does that make sense? If he needs his diaper changed, he cries. If he's hungry, he cries. If he's uncomfortable, he cries. If he wants out of his bed, he cries. If he's happy, he smiles! It's amazing that all he has to do is give me a smile and all of my hard work is paid off! Motherhood is really challenging and you will never understand how challenging it is until you have a child of your own. I have heard time and time again "Having kids is hard work... but it's so worth it." I thought for years, "Ok how is having kids hard work? All you do is find out what they need and give it to them." Well the problem is that they have a problem that you need to find a solution to about 100 times a day! But when it is 8:00 at night and you are worn out from bending over backwards to fulfill their needs and they give you that smile.... it's all worth it!!

Watching Mason's expressions when he see's things for the first time has made me realize how many things I take for granted. The other day there was a storm that passed through Heber and I decided to open the door so Mason could watch the rain. It really hit me at that moment that there are so many beautiful things around me that I don't think twice about. I absolutely LOVED seeing his eyes get really big when he saw the rain drops falling into the puddles that were on the asphalt. I decided to get his little chair by the front door (and yes his chair is pink, it was given to us by my parents and I decided to keep it because they grow so quickly that he will be crawling before we know it and it would be pointless to buy a Bumbo) so he could sit and watch the rain and feel the air on his face.

















Thank you Mason for showing me how important it is to slow down and enjoy the little things in life! I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment