Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012 in Review

I can't believe that it is already 2013! Holy cow where did 2012 go? I heard the saying a few weeks ago that said, "Each year Christmas comes sooner and sooner." At first it was like, uhh no there are the same amount of days each year so how is it possible that Christmas comes sooner every year.... but it's so true! I don't know where time has gone! 2012 was a great year! I met my best friend, he proposed, we got married which in turn made me a mother (step-mom) to an amazing little girl, and now we are waiting for our little boy to come! This year was definitely a year of a lot of firsts for me! I wish I had more pictures of 2012; taking more pictures is something I need to work on! But here is our year in review:


I met and fell in love with this man! 



I attended one semester at Southern Utah University, and this is how we talked for about 4 months... every... single.... night..... it got old fast! 



In St. George, they have a batting cage so Kyle took me there! First time for me in a batting cage! I learned a lot about myself that day: 
1: I don't like being in an enclosed space with softballs flying at your face. 
2: I am very uncoordinated.
3: I was a lot more athletic in high school!



At this point.... I didn't know what I was in for. It was really fun though! 


Over Valentines Day weekend, Kyle came down to Cedar and we got engaged! It was the best night of my life!


This is the picture he gave me right before he got down on his knee.



 Knowing that it was Valentine's Day weekend, and wanting to do something special for Kyle I made A TON of chocolate covered strawberries. Well after we ate about 5 of them we were done eating them and didn't know what to do with the other 3 dozen of them. So of course I had a brilliant idea that we should put them all in the vita-mix and make a yummy chocolate covered strawberry shake!!! Good idea right?!?.......



 The shake was absolutely disgusting! It was so thick and did not have a good taste to it!


Kyle took me on a date where we hiked Dixie rock. I have never done that before. It was really fun! 



Kyle loves golfing... so let's just say that I have been golfing more times in one year then I have my entire life!! Well that's mainly because I have never been golfing before, and technically I still haven't. All I do is drive the golf cart around... which is AWESOME!! I almost encouraged Kyle to go golfing more so I could drive the golf cart! So fun!



My golfing experience. 



On May 11th, I made the best decision of my life and married this amazing man! We got married in my parents backyard. The weather was PERFECT. We couldn't have asked for a better day to get married. I am so blessed to have met Kyle and now privileged to be his wife!





 Another amazing thing that happened in 2012, is becoming a mother to this little angel. Brittin is so sweet. Honestly I can't imagine my life without Kyle or Brittin. They both complete my life.




For our Honeymoon we went to Cabo on a cruise. It was a blast!






This was taken as we were waiting for our shuttle to take us to the cruise. 


Kyle had the opportunity to paddle board for the first time in Cabo. He did really good! 







While in Cabo, Kyle and I went on our first zip lining experience! It was so much fun! We did about 12 different zip lines and 2 repels. This was definitely the highlight of the trip!



Another one of my firsts this year was going up the ski lift during the summer. I have only been on the Park City ski lifts during the winter during ski/snowboard season, but never during the summer. It was so pretty once we got to the top! 



We found out that we were expecting a little baby! We were shocked at first, but could not be more ecstatic about it!


One of my weird cravings while pregnant, pomegranates. 



Carved pumpkins. I learned that I am very slow when it comes to carving pumpkins! Or that Kyle is super talented and can carve a pumpkin in 10 minutes and have it look amazing. 



We cut down our first Christmas tree and decorated it! 



We had the opportunity to attend the Christmas Devotional in Salt Lake!  



2012 has been an amazing year! Full of ups and downs. I wouldn't change anything! I love Kyle and Brittin so much and cannot wait for March 25th to get here so we can hold our baby boy!


2 comments:

  1. Love it! So glad we are friends wit you guys! We love the Tanners!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pomegranate cravings?! That IS crazy. I've never heard that one before... Still, whatever floats your baby's boat, I guess. :) Can't wait to see the wee fellow...

    ReplyDelete